Saturday, December 3, 2011

the power of a compliment

"word |wərd|nouna single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed."


But a word can be so much more. A bad word can cut you like a knife and a good word can turn your day from bad to good. 



And thats why I believe in the power of a compliment. Recently, I have decided to leave nice messages for people on their tumblrs or formsprings or whatever. Being nice just to be nice, good idea right? Yes, it was such a good idea. Just the possibility that I might make someones day and turn their frown into a smile is enough for me to take five or ten minutes of my day to write them a nice note. 


It's the holiday season, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the best gift that I could ever give to someone. 

xxx
Claire

p.s. these pictures are just some pictures I have taken lately, I haven't had any time for outfit pictures unfortunately. I just went to new york and dc so be expecting pictures from there! 


1 lovely comments: